Sometimes we all need peanut butter and chocolate fix to get us through the week and Peanut Butter Brownies recipe does the trick.
- 2 1/2 cups (565g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (115ml) water
- 2/3 cup (115g) chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225ml) flavorless oil2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (213g) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (76g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (43g) peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter and line an 8×8 – inch square cake pan, this is a big batter. You can also bake this in a 13×9-inch pan too, but the time will change to 40 minutes- judge it to keep the jiggle!
- In a medium microwavable bowl, combine the sugar, water, and chocolate. In the microwave or over a bain-marie heat this mixture gently until the chocolate has melted, roughly 2-3 minutes. Allow this mix to cool slightly.
- Into the cooled chocolate mixture whisk in the oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, do not over mix.Into the batter swirl in 1/2 cup of peanut butter leaving big streaks throughout.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan and finish by swirling in the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter on top and scattering over the chopped peanuts.
- Bake for roughly 55-65 minutes. Always bake brownies a little under so that they remain fudgy on the inside.
- Once baked allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before cutting them. Enjoy warm with vanilla ice-cream.
- Cover and store at room temperature for up to 4 days. Or you can keep it cool for up to 4 weeks.
Try it on your free weekends and let us know !!